Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A very good week


Wayne and I were joking that Trevor's going to be a dentist. I just have visions of Little Shop of Horrors when I look at this photo. That song, You'll be a Dentist, flashes through my head. Especially when I sing it and get to the part that says, "You have a talent for causing great pain". He looks so focused, we were just laughing.

We have just had a great week. Wayne found out that he won a small scholarship, we received financial aid (wahoo!!) and we have been so blessed.

We decided to take a one night getaway to Virginia Beach this weekend. Jacob is so excited to see the ocean. If he gets in trouble he asks me if we are still going to go to the ocean. This is only the second time we will have gone. The first time was in 2004 for the Race for the Cure in October. So, it was fun, but very cold. I'm excited to get in the water and play on the beach with Wayne and the kids.

September is going to be busy too. Andrew and Kara are going to come out and visit us! We are so excited to see them and their little one month old, Nicole. Last time they came to visit us the humidity was almost unbearable. Thankfully, this time the weather should be beautiful.

We're also going to visit Mike and Jess Ashton in York, PA. Wayne is going to drop me and the kids off at their house and he'll drive a few more hours north to Philadelphia. While he takes boards (clinical skills portion) we'll be playing. We debated on going with him, but the last time we stayed in a hotel Trevor was awful. So, he'll stay at the hotel alone. I'm excited to see Mike and Jess's kids! I haven't met their youngest and he's 16 months old! Jacob and their oldest, Abby, are the same age.

I've been nannying for the last two weeks for a friend who is on vacation. The money is nice, but she does it everyday. Trevor won't sleep well at their house and when Jacob needs a nap he won't sleep either. Then I have two cranky kids. Their kids are great, but it is nice to be home today.

Since I've been nannying, I haven't been able to keep up on the house. So, I'm doing laundry today. SO MUCH FUN! They just raised rates to $3.00 a load. Doesn't that seem insane? I wish we had the option of buying our own washer and dryer. That is something I hope to have when we move. A washer and dryer and dishwasher. I have high dreams in life.

Enjoy your day and thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck on those boards Wayne! We are proud of you doing so well!

I am taking care of a little girl this school year. Fortunately it seems like it is going well. I hope that it continues!