We went to Virginia Beach the last week in August. It was fantastic and so needed. After my Saturday morning run we took off. We stopped in Short Pump to grab a bite at the Cheesecake Factory. It has been so long since we have been there. YUMMY! Wayne took the kids on the little train that drives around the mall while I bought a couple of shirts at H&M. I have never been to that store before. I can see why it's so popular. Cute, inexpensive clothes. After Short Pump, we headed to our hotel in Norfolk. I bought Jacob a little swimming vest and he tried in the swimming pool at the hotel. He was very nervous at the beginning, but was a veteran by the time we were done at the pool. He LOVED it! I LOVED it! He swam the distance of the pool about 6 times. Then, we went to the beach! It was so much fun. I love taking little getaways with my family. I still have a hard time believing that we're a family of four. We ate pizza just off of the boardwalk outside. We talked and laughed, these are the moments I treasure most.

Last Saturday was Trevor's first birthday! He opened his presents at 6:30 in the morning. Jacob could hardly stand the wait and was more than helpful when it came to showing Trevor how to play with the new toys. We went to a UVA vs. George Mason soccer game in the afternoon and had cupcakes and ice cream to celebrate. Trevor was out of control with the cupcakes and he just squeezed the ice cream through his fingers. It was a HUGE mess. We just laughed.

Wayne submitted his residency applications on Friday. The final programs: UVA, UNC, Iowa, Utah, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, University of Washington, and Stanford. We're excited for him to get out there and interview!
Today was Jacob's first day of preschool. We're doing Joyschool with four other kids. He was so excited, I hope that all is going well.We've also signed up Jacob for soccer and swimming. He starts those in a few weeks. He's going to be a busy little boy. He has so much energy, he is so excited.

I'll have to add photos later. It's taking forever to upload.

2 comments:
I can't believe how big those boys are getting. We can't wait to come out. Andrew also mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he was going to offer to do a family photo for you guys while we were out there. We think that we want to do ours out there too. Where would be a good spot?
Awe, I'm bummed that NY is nowhere in the running! Sad. Will we ever be togther again?
We love you guys!
I'm clueless. What is H&M. I'm racking my brain trying to figure it out!
Q starts home preschool this week... at our house! She is excited, me too.
Man Trevor is big! A whole year. Crazy.
Love family getaways.
Take care.
Post a Comment