Monday, September 11, 2006

Pepsi 10K


Wayne and I ran the Pepsi 10K last Saturday (September 9th). It benefitted the Special Olympics. There were 258 runners. UVA's swim team and lacrosse team were there. It was a FAST race. At 1 hour and 5 minutes almost everyone had finished. I'm glad I didn't push the kids in a jogger stroller. I would have come in dead last. In fact, they may have had everything cleaned up by then too. I talked Wayne into running it with me. Here are our results: Wayne 59:55 and Haley 51:59. Our good friends watched the kids for us.

The other day Jacob told me that he didn't want to play with girls. He said that girls play with girls and boys play with boys because boys love cars and girls love babies. I said that it's o.k. to play with girls. Um, no was the reply (as he quickly shook his head). I told him that I'm a girl and asked him if he still wanted to play with me. He said, yeah, but your different. You're kind of like a boy. I laughed like crazy. It was one of those very funny moments.

Trevor is actually moving! He gave himself a birthday present. The gift of mobility. He has been so much happier! It's questionable whether Jacob likes it or not. Trevor has a tendancy to constantly take Jacob's "favorite" toy. This, by the way, is every toy that Jacob owns.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO funny, you're kind of like a boy! Love that!

How great that Trevor is moving around. That should make things exciting!

Love that Wayne is running with you! Matt will never do that, hates running too much!

You look great! Talk to you soon.

Kara Klc said...

I have really got to get into running. You are looking GREAT! I was wondering also when Jacob was going to get into the icky girl phase.

I can't wait to see those boys and how they interact with each other now.

See you soon!