So, two days ago (Thursday) we packed the family in our little Saturn and headed up to Pennsylvania. The ride up was actually pleasant (aside from one hour on route 30 heading into York, PA). When we reached Mike and Jess's house, Wayne dropped me and the boys off and he headed up to Philadelphia to take the Clinical Skills portion of the boards. It's rather annoying that the test is only offered five places in the country. Thankfully Philly is only a five hour drive. Wayne made a quick exit since he still had a two hour drive and was hoping to miss rush hour traffic. Jacob and Trevor had so much fun playing with Abby and Tyler. I loved catching up with Jess. We went to Ikea. I had never been there before. What a massive store! You could shop there for an entire day! Trevor screamed and screamed when it came time to sleep (which is customary), but when it didn't stop for 45 minutes I felt awful for him and everyone in the house. He finally gave it up and went to sleep around 10:30 p.m. and woke up at 6:00 a.m. I was able to get him to sleep with me until 6:30 a.m. He has such a hard time with change! He will not sleep well anywhere but his crib. Wayne finished his exam on Friday and drove into Mike and Jess's place at 7:00 p.m. We left at 8:00 p.m. with VERY cranky, tired kids to get home for Jacob's first soccer practice on Saturday morning. The plan was that the kids would sleep the entire ride home. This time the roles were reversed and Jacob could not stay asleep in the car. He did fall asleep, but when Wayne and I switched to drive he woke up. He screamed and cried. He told us that he just wanted to go to sleep in his bed, to please help him, that he was so sad, and on and on. It was heartbreaking. He was sobbing and wimpering. So much for the theory that the kids would sleep. He started crying uncontrollably about 1 1/2 hours into the drive. We still had 2 1/2 hours left. It was painful, but we made it home at 12:30 a.m. We were all so happy to see his bed.
Wayne has two interview invites! Iowa and Stanford. We are stoked!!
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

2 comments:
Awwww, I hate road trips like that where there is nothing you can do.
Too cool on the interview invites. Keep us posted to how everything turns out!
Congratulations on the interviews!
So cute 'please help him'! Poor kids! I love my bed and have a hard time when I can't sleep in it too!
LOOOOOOve IKEA! Such a great store! I wish mine were even closer. We have a 40 minute drive. Still, not bad!
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment