
Kara, Andrew and Nicole came to visit us last week and flew back to Utah yesterday. We had such a great time with them while they were out. Last time they came we were in a little two bedroom apartment. This time the apartment is a three bedroom and twice the size. Last year Kara wasn't even pregnant and I was 7 months pregnant, this year she has a little newborn and I have two kids. It's crazy the movement of life. We did a ton of fun things, but the visit was also relaxing. We went to Busch Gardens last Friday. What a SWEET day to go. We practically walked onto all of the rides and traded watching the kids. We ate a load of food (at least I did, which I paid for). Jacob had a complete blast riding all of the rides. The weather was perfect. After about 4 1/2 hours we had ridden everything and were ready to go. Short Pump was the next destination so that we could eat dinner at Maggianos. YUMMY! The Rigatoni D is awesome! We were all exhausted when we drove home -- which was another nice thing, Andrew and Kara rented a minivan so that we could all ride together. We also went to Washington D.C. to go to the Natural History Museum and the Art Museum. Wayne and I took the kids outside to play while Andrew and Kara went to the Art Museum. I think the Natural History Museum is my favorite thus far. I haven't been to the Art Museum's yet. That is definitely something I want to do when the kids are with a babysitter. We went apple picking at Carter Mountain another day and Andrew took our family pictures.
It was a great vacation. I was sad to see them leave. Their little Nicole was a little trooper. She slept great while they were here. I think she grew too. She is so adorable.


Well, Wayne has five interviews scheduled now: Iowa, Stanford, University of North Carolina, Cleveland Clinic, and Utah. We are all going to go to Utah November 12 - December 1st. Wayne and I are going to take off to California for the Stanford interview and hopefully Washington too. It doesn't look like Washington has offered interviews to anyone yet. I hope that he'll be able to fit it in while we're out there. We'll stay in Utah for Thanksgiving and the week after Wayne has his interview at the University of Utah. It's such an exciting time for us. It will be interesting what he thinks of all of the programs.
Trevor has two more teeth popping through. That makes six! He is a happier little boy now that he can crawl (not that he wasn't happy before).
Jacob is loving swim, soccer and preschool.
I only have six week left before the marathon. Last Saturday was a 20 mile run. It actually went well. I was sore and my hip is bothering me a little bit, but all in all I feel really good. I have two more super long runs and then the taper begins! The timing is a little crazy with interviews. I run the marathon on November 11th and we fly to Utah the next day. I hope that I'm able to walk. Oh well!!

3 comments:
First, sorry that Matt didn't call. He went with some lady from M&T and she rented the car and picked him up! He wasn't really free to roam! He wanted to go see professors and stuff, but it just didnt' work out. He was only there for about a day.
Anyway, bummer that it didn't work out. We did think of you though!
You guys did a ton with family! That is so great! Love the photos!
Well, if you can run a marathon, then go to a stake event that same night, I think you'll be okay sitting on a plane the following day this time!
You go girl! You rock! You make me want to run! I'm rootin' for you! Oh, and you still look fabulous!
Are you still going to be Virginia Lover if you guys move? I just thought of that!!The trip was so nice and it didn't go by super fast it was just right. Once we got home though it seemed like forever since we were there. Andrew was serious about coming for Halloween next year though if you guys are still there!
The family pictures are darling and your vacation sounded wonderful. We can't wait for you come. We claim the right to one night with you for dinner at our house. Let the kids play while we relax and talk.
Post a Comment