I wanted to post this tonight before I forgot too many details. Jacob and I went on a "date" tonight. It was pizza and Disney on Ice. We went to an Italian restaurant to get a slice of pizza. We talked and discussed what he did at Joyschool (preschool) today. He showed me all of the trucks that were passing by the restaurant window. He also loved the minivans and talked about having one someday. He ate an entire piece of cheese pizza (which is a ton for him) and then we walked back to the car. Thankfully we are able to walk across the street to the arena from where we live. As soon as we entered the doors of the new (and beautiful) John Paul Jones arena there was a frenzy of Disney. There were cotton candy with crowns wrapped around the plastic Mickey Mouse baggy, "Incredibles" cups with snowcones topping them off, lighted souveniers and tiaras, inflatable Mickey ears chairs, and on and on and on. When we found our seat Jacob told me to look at the temple (which was the disney castle). When the show began his mouth dropped. He was so still and intently watched the show. After the first act he asked me if they were going to come back out. I told them yes and he was so excited. That was when I knew that he was having a fun time. He can lose interest pretty quickly. There was a section on Pinocchio. When the whale came out and ate Gepetto and Pinocchio Jacob was scared. There were a few other moments like that. He was a little nervous of the Beast and the shark from Finding Nemo. As J and I were walking home I said, "Jacob, I love you so much. Thanks for the date." He said, "It was lovely." As soon as we walked in the door he had a drink, brushed his teeth and told me and Wayne that he was tired and ready for bed. He said his prayers and was out. Today made me realize that J needs more one on one time with his mom and dad. He is wonderful.
3 comments:
That is so cute. I can't wait until Nicole is interested in things like that. That's fun that you two were able to go one on one. Jacob just cracks me up though. He's three going on thirty the way he talks, "It was lovely". So cute.
That is so cute. I can't wait until Nicole is interested in things like that. That's fun that you two were able to go one on one. Jacob just cracks me up though. He's three going on thirty the way he talks, "It was lovely". So cute.
How cute that you went on a date! Love that!
You are so great at documenting his one liners. Love that!
Maybe I'll take my little guy on a date.
Post a Comment