I have been so lazy about posting! We've been running around like crazy here and I just want to sit when I get a minute. Oh well, here it goes.
The other day Jacob and I were reading a truck book of his. He said, "Mom, what's that smell? I think Trevor's poopy." I told him that he wasn't poopy and he just shrugged and we continued to read. A minute later he said, "I know what stinks. It's your breath. You need to go and brush your teeth." I started talking to him and he put his hand over my mouth. I was half laughing half crawling into my shell when the whole thing was happening. Kids really tell it as it is. If Jacob tells you your pretty . . .believe it. If he tells you he's hungry . . . believe it. There is not a lot of grey with him. So, note to self: Stick a piece of gum in my mouth before reading to the kids.
Trevor says car very, very well. When we are in the car driving somewhere he's like a broken record. Of course there are a million cars on the road and he points to all of them and says car. It sounds like caaaarrrr? As if he's asking a question. He also can say ball, tree, bye bye, drink. He really wants to talk and tries to repeat everything we say. Now that he can crawl he has become a little playmate for Jacob. It is so fun to watch them play together.
Wayne just received an interview invite to UVA. In fact, UVA will be his first interview -- November 2nd. He's going to be traveling a lot in a six week period. I think his last interview is scheduled the 2nd week in December.
The marathon is a month from today! That also means we fly out to Utah a month from tomorrow. Time is flying by.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

3 comments:
That is hysterical. It's frightening how honest they can be. I'm just dreading the day when Nicole asks me why I have so many chins!! I am liking the blogging though. I've started to write a little list of things I want to remember and blog. I feel like I'm doing a little journal. It's crazy that you'll be here in a month. So fun!
Congrats on the interviews! Yeah for honest little kids. We sure miss you guys. I was just looking at those pictures I took of Jacob and Jack in their hats and I can't believe we actually moved away! It's crazy that med school is almost done.
Jacob is so funny! If only they could give us truth a little more lightly!
Time is flying. Glad you are doing well.
Would you like to stay in VA?
Post a Comment