Sunday, October 22, 2006

A funny thing that happened today . . .

Jacob had to go to the bathroom while we were in sacrament meeting today. He will not go into the womens bathroom anymore (since he is a not a woman . . . as he puts it). So, off he went into the mens bathroom by himself. When the job was finished he met me in the hall. A guy in our ward was going in the bathroom as Jacob was leaving. Jacob looked at him intently then looked at me and said, "Mom, who is that man with that long hair?" I told him that it was just a man in our ward. With wide eyes and excitement he said, "Is he Jesus?". He was dead serious. The fact that he even thought he might be Jesus surprised me.

Earlier in the day I had to wake up Jacob from a nap. He did NOT want to wake up. He never wants to sleep, but when he is asleep he is not happy to be woken up. I opened his door and said, "J, it's time to wake up." He said, "Please, I just want to sleep." He started to cry and I said that we needed to go to church. He tossed and said why. I told him it was because that's what Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to do. He sat up and looked at me. In all seriousness said, "Are you sure?" and again, "Are you sure, mom?" When I said yes he stopped crying, put on his clothes, and went happily to the car. AMAZING!!

Trevor was so tired at the end of church today. He fell asleep on Wayne's shoulder. Something that has only happened probably four times in his little life.

3 comments:

Rivka said...

Ahhh...kids! It's impossible not to love them! Sounds like you're doing well.

Unknown said...

So you just let him go into the bathroom by himself? I would be afraid!

He is so funny! Did the man hear that he looked like Jesus? Silly!

How are you? I hope all is well.

Kara Klc said...

That kid is hysterical!! I am just amazed at the things he comes up with. He keeps getting funnier.