Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Moving

It's weird to be in the unpacking stage again. To be in that warp of meeting new people, finding friends for the kids, and making a home in an entirely new place. We've been incredibly blessed to have moved where we are. Our first day here three or four different families introduced themselves to us. We've been to new friends homes for dinner three times and three different dessert nights with others. The guys have had a game night (which Wayne would have gone to if I wasn't feeling under the weather). Somehow we've all managed to get colds. It's summer! Go figure.

Trevor has been moved out of his crib to a bed. It's been painful getting him used to a new place. Thankfully, he and Jacob share a room. I thought it would make the transition much easier, and honestly, it probably has, but he's been up in the night a lot and hasn't gone to bed without a fight unless I'm laying down with him. I definitely don't want him to get used to that, so it's been a bit of a struggle.

We finally received all of our things from the moving company yesterday. I'm unpacking as much as I can. Apparently our basement has a tendancy to flood. It made me so sad because we brought a nice piece of carpet with us from Virginia to lay down in the basement to make it somewhat of a living space. We're going to try to sell that and our air conditioner that won't fit in the windows here. The kids are much happier seeing all of their things.

Our washer and dryer is being delivered today! No more coin-op!

Wayne started orientation yesterday. He's ready to get going.

I'll post pictures as soon as the place is presentable.

2 comments:

Rivka said...

Who knew that a washer and dryer could be on a list of the things I love most in this world!

Kara Klc said...

I can't wait to see pictures and hopefully Trevor will adjust soon. Good Luck!!