Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was very merry and bright at our house this year. This was the first year that Jacob couldn't sleep through the night. He came into our room at 3:45 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Both times we told him he had to go back to bed until at least 6:00. Jacob was back in our room at 6:00 a.m. on the dot. We all got moving. Trevor was happy to wake up. We let Lexi sleep, but amist all the excitement she was woken up (which is evidenced in the following pictures). She came around soon enough and loved opening the presents.

I bought a Wii for Wayne about four months ago. He has wanted one since they came out about three years ago, but either you couldn't find them or it just didn't financially work out at the time. I was so excited to find one and hid it at my neighbors house. It was THE hardest thing not to spill the beans, but it was all worth it Christmas morning. I was able to get Guitar Hero with a couple guitars (we've been battling it out), Star Wars Lego's, Mario Kart (thanks Mom and Dad!), and have been playing Wii Sports and Wii Play.


Jacob was thrilled that Santa delivered his remote control tanks that battle. He also got a truckload of additional toys and clothes from cousins, grandparents, parents and siblings.

Trevor was completely done after getting a FurReal kitty (2nd gift opened) and told his kitty that he would take it upstairs with him. We told Trevor that he still had gifts to open. He looked perplexed at what to do. He finally looked at his kitty, softly placed it down on the floor, and said, "It's o.k. kitty. I'll be right back to take care of you." I think he forgot about it for a while after openeing his remote control tarantula that he asked Santa for.



Alexis got a talking purse, clothes, and kitchen set. She has LOVED putting on the bracelet that came with her purse. It's amazing that at 14 months she loves jewlery. I love seeing the little girl emerge in her.



I had to put on this adorable outfit sent to Lexi from Grandma and Grandpa Rytting.



Wayne spoiled me with a Garmin Forerunner. I have been wanting one forever! I went on a run last Saturday to test it out. Amazing. He also bought me an awesome running jacket, fuel belt and a new PhotoSmart printer. Love em' all!


We received a call a few days ago from my SIL (sister-in-law). Wayne's grandfather wasn't doing well and was expected to pass away in a day. We found out yesterday morning that he passed away peacefully. We will all be flying out to Utah tomorrow for the funeral. What an accomplished man he was. He has certainly blessed our lives.

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow!! That was so fun to read!! Sounds like Christmas was fabulous for you guys!! -Suzanne

Ali Jones said...

So fun! We are super excited to see you guys!!!!
Eric loves his running watch too.

teamstowell said...

First, we love you guys and will be keeping you all in our hearts and prayers. One last thank you to Grandpa for bringing the family together, right! Lots of love and hugs!
Second, wowza! What a Wii(ld) Christmas, looks like everybody impressed Santa! That kitty is the bomb!!

Angie said...

Sorry about Wayne's Grandpa. Glad that you had a good Christmas. It is so fun having girls and seeing how they have maternal instincts with baby dolls and that they love jewelry and make up. Happy New Year!

Adrienne said...

Oh! We are proud new Wiiers too!! And a garmin for Derek! Good job, psychic buddy. That looks like a great Christmas. How fun!

Jaime said...

Sorry about Wayne's gpa. I'm glad you are getting out there to be with the family.

What a GREAT Christmas! Looks like fun!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about W's grandpa.
It sounds like Christmas was great! Hope New Years was too!

Rivka said...

Kate loves the jewelery, too! Aren't girls so much fun!
I'm sorry to hear about Wayne's grandfather. I hope your trip home is a good one though.