Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spoiled rotten

I'm proud to admit that I'm spoiled rotten. I returned from Utah with Meg and the kids on Saturday night. Wayne wanted me to open my Mother's Day present that night because he had to work the next day. He knows me well. I would have never bought these for myself. Thanks babe!


How thankful I am to be a mother. I never thought pregnancy would be so terrible and that it would be worth it all in the end every time.

How thankful I am to have a wonderful mother. Words cannot do her justice. She never missed any dance concerts, dates, musicals, competitions, plays, graduation or my baby's births. She cried with me when I couldn't handle the pressure of life. Whether it was problems with friends, dating, or pregnancies. When I was pregnant with Trevor I was completely dehydrated. My body was spent and I could not stop throwing up. My nauseousness was constant. There was never relief. I would even throw-up in the middle of the night. On top of it all I came down with a sinus infection at about 13 weeks. The drainage made me throw up twice as much. I started bleeding in my throat and was throwing up blood. I was finished. I couldn't take it anymore. Wayne was also a second year medical student and had his first step of the boards and midterms coming up. He would come home to take care of Jacob at 1:00 every day while his medical student friends would study until at least dinnertime. I knew he had an enormous amount of pressure on him. I called my Mom and sobbed. I'm not a cryer and she immediately stopped everything she was doing to listen to every word I could get out of my mouth through the tears. Wayne ran into the room and tried to comfort me too. As soon as I got off the phone I went to bed for the night. I think it was 5:00 p.m. At 10:00 p.m. my Mom called and said that she was flying out the next day for a week. She took care of everything. The meals, laundry, Jacob and me. Wayne studyed for 10 hours a day while she was there and passed his midterms. I am forever thankful to my Mom who has always been there for me.

Thanks Mom. I love you!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

You made me a meal last night, watched my kid AND did a post today?! Do you have a cape under that shirt?

That post gave me goosebumps! Mothers are awesome!

Ali Jones said...

We do have a great mother huh??

Angie said...

Your mom is amazing. I am glad that you had a great mother's day. And glad that you are home safe. People always ask me why I would have more than one kid with the pregnancies being as hard as they are...my response is like you it is so worth it when it is all over...

jr said...

I just read your blog and cried, of course. I am so grateful to be your mom and I appreciate you being my "mom" for a couple of weeks. Thanks for coming to take care of me. You are a wonderful mother. It is so much fun to watch you with your children.