Sunday, May 24, 2009

A running diary

Yesterday I ran with a group of girlfriends. We went 15 miles with an average pace of 8:10. I haven't ran that far since the marathon last October (or that fast ever), but it was great. I am so glad that I met Eileen. Our kids take swimming lessons together and she was the one who invited me to come along. I have most defintely become a better runner heading out with them.

I find out in one week if I will be running the New York City marathon this November. I hope it works out. Enough said there.

Wayne has been amazing me too. He started running again after two years off. He's roped into running a marathon with me. Something like he lost a bet and now has to. He has been running for two weeks now. Yesterday he ran just over eight miles! I was like, "WHAT!" Way to go! He's been going out 3-4 times during the week. I have been hugely impressed. Love, love, love it.

Meg and Dad left this morning. I've been with Meg for over a month now. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet sister. We had a great time. She's ready to go home and get back into the groove of things. Thanks Meg, we love you!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like you have been busy. I am sure that it meant a lot to Meg to be able to come out there and spend time with your family, and to your mom that you were there to help with Meg while she can't.

Shawna B. said...

Hi, Haley! I came across your blog from Janis Aden's and just had to say HELLO and that I am so impressed with all your running (and the speed, too!) I wish I could come hook up with you and join in! It would be a bit uncomfortable right now, however, since I am 7 months pregnant and absolutely HUGE! It's another boy (hooray!), so my running has been on hold for a bit, but I so look forward to picking it up again. I hope you get to run the NYC Marathon and that it is a great experience. We just returned from a fun vacation to NYC, and it would be awesome to be able to run through all five boroughs and be a part of that.

It sounds like life in New York is treating you right. Your kids are darling ... fun to see pictures of your little girl!

Take care, Haley! Please keep in touch: www.theborgfamily.com. You have to register to access our site (kind of a pain ... sorry!).

Happy running! Log some miles for me!

Love, Shawna Borg

Shawna B. said...

PS - CONGRATS on the C'ville 10 Miler! You rocked that thing! Way to go! We were there ourselves just a few weeks ago and had a ball. If our family weren't our west, we'd settle there, too. LOVE that place. We also went to Hershey, PA, too! Sounds like we did the same vacation!

So sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she mends soon.

teamstowell said...

You've been busy!! I'm so glad you're doing so well and enjoying the running!! We miss you guys...tons!!!!

Suzanne said...

I envy your love of running! You are just amazing! -Suzanne