Monday, January 20, 2014

Christmas

This year on Christmas it was a literal winter wonderland.  It snowed all morning and I was perfectly content.  Wayne and I told the kids that they couldn't wake us up until 5:30 a.m.  Thankfully I spent hours wrapping the gifts before night struck, so we were able to go to sleep an hour or two after the kids went to bed.  Thank goodness since we heard creeping feet and voices coming into our room at 5:30 a.m. on the dot.

I wasn't sure if we were going to have much this year.  With our upcoming move and multiple things to pay for before we head to Oregon I thought each of the kids would have 3-4 gifts.  Imagine my surprise when I wrapped about 10 a piece.  We really are so blessed.

Jacob saved for two years and was finally able to buy a laptop computer the day after Thanksgiving.  He wasn't really sure what to ask for after that, so Christmas morning was a big surprise.  Trevor wanted a jumbo pillow pet and Alexis wanted a cotton candy maker.

I made our traditional Christmas morning breakfast consisting of souffle, orange rolls, fruit and juice.  Everyone was just as excited for the meal.

Wayne bought me a new running jacket (which I desperately needed), piano music, Born to Run, and a beginners guide to triathlon training.

I bought him the full set of Harry Potter on Blu-Ray and a month of weekly dates.  We have been able to use two of those and have had the best time.  I am so lucky to spend my life with my best friend.

Playing the game of Life.  We have also loved playing Ticket to Ride from Sammie and Philip.

Whoa.

Jacob received a few computer programming books and spent hours programming.


Trevor, look at me!

Christmas morning.

New Speedo swim bag.

Trevor's swim bag.

Lexi's swim bag.

Minecraft fun.

Minecraft torch flashlight.

Jumbo Pillow Pet.

Cotton Candy maker

Build your own machine.

New running jacket that I love!

Breakfast.




No comments: