Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter


What a fun day! We decorated eggs last night. Jacob thought it was the coolest thing. He threw the color tablets in the water and watched it change colors. He also threw the eggs in the water. We had our fair share of spills, but it is so much fun to see them grow and learn.

Yesterday was the half marathon. It was a beautiful course. I finished in 1:59:38. I thought that it was going to be a downpour throughout the race. All of the forecasts said thunderstorms and we had crazy thunderstorms all through the night. I was surprised the kids weren't in bed with us the whole night because it was so loud. I couldn't sleep. Both Wayne and I got a few hours of sleep before we had to leave for the race. We should have watched movies all night long.

We also went to the family housing picnic and Easter Egg Hunt yesterday. We waited in line for 15 minutes to get food for the family and as soon as we got to the front a girl from the ward jumped in front of us (and many people behind us) along with her three kids. I said (nicely, but seriously), "Are you going to butt?" She said, "I got here the same time you did." I didn't even know what to say. She didn't say another word. Should I be as bugged as I am?? Jacob had fun hunting eggs and thankfully he's three and old enough to get them himself. Some of the parents ran around and picked up eggs (tons of them) for their little four month olds. There were little toddlers who didn't get any eggs. Jacob was such a good boy and shared his eggs with his friends who didn't get any. After the hunt they all sat down and ate the candy in the eggs. There were about five of them sitting in a circle.

It was so hot yesterday. I think I got a little heat stroke. After the race, the picnic, and the egg hunt I was exhausted. That, and it was 83 degrees and humid from the storm. Wayne took great care of me and I'm feeling much better, although my stomach is freaking out from all of the easter candy I've eaten.

Jacob came and woke us up at 6:00 a.m. this morning because the Easter Bunny came and brought baskets and eggs. He was SO VERY excited. It is so fun to see. Trevor smiled at Jacob while he ran around finding the easter eggs. We had a little lesson on the resurrection too. I asked Jacob if he liked that story and he said no. I didn't expect anything less from my three year old.

We had Easter Dinner with friends tonight at the medical student lounge. There were so many people there. It was great to be with friends.

I have many people to thank. Thank you, thank you Ali and Kara for the double stroller!! Thank you, thank you Mom and Dad for the Just Because I Love You Day gift it came at the perfect time. Thank you, thank you Dean and Carrie and Mom and Dad Ormsby. I don't know how to thank you. All I can hope is that you know how sincerly thankful we are for it.

Jacob is eating a Hot Tamale. I don't know why he continually eats them. Sometimes he almost cries because he says it's too hot, but as soon as he swallows it he asks for another. Ever since Ali came with those Hot Tamales he can't get enough of them.

I need to put a little blurp about Trevor and the keyboard. He LOVES it. He's "helping" Wayne play a game here.

I also need to say this. I was talking on the phone and Wayne was on the computer the other day. Jacob had just gotten in trouble and afterwards came in and gave Wayne a skittle and a tic tac. Wayne said, "Thanks, Jacob." and Jacob said, "You're welcome, but that's all you can have because that's all I found under the couch." We died laughing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a funny story!!! Did the candy still taste good?!!!

I'm glad your race went well and it didn't rain on you!

I am so bugged by people that butt. Lame! I'd be annoyed too!

Wayne looks like he's lost weight... at least since we've seen him last, which has been almost a year.

Awwwe, we miss you guys. Tell everyone hi for us.

Happy Easter!