I found out last week that my Grandma Shaw died. She was 85 years old and lived a very full life. It was a happy thing, but always sad when life goes. She died in her sleep with my Grandpa always by her side. I have never met anyone like him. He was full of patience and love for her. She married my Grandpa Shaw a few months before my parents were married. My Grandpa Rytting died of hemophelia when he was 44 years old (pretty sure that's the right age). She was married to Grandpa Shaw quite a few years longer than Grandpa Rytting. I wonder what her reunion was like with the people that passed before her. Her first husband, stillborn child, and all of her siblings . . . it must have been a party. I wasn't going to be able to go to the funeral, but I visited with her much during the time I was in Utah. She and Grandpa were living with my parents and I felt like I had closure there. When my brother, Chad, found out that she had passed he threw his whole family in the car and they drove from Milwaukee, WI to be there for the funeral. I was also blessed and able to fly to Utah for the services. We had a family picture. The last one was taken when I was pregnant with Jacob. The funeral was wonderful. It was on April 22, 2006 and was a great tribute to her. The flowers were gorgeous and weather was beautiful. The grandkids sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives. It's amazing how there can be so many grandkids (17) from the two children that she had. That, and a whole bunch of us are married. I loved visiting with my family and Wayne's family. I feel like it was an intense trip, we were able to do so much in so little time. I flew out last Thursday and came home on Tuesday. The flight out wasn't too bad, but the flight back was painful. When we were at Baggage Claim Wayne said, "Let me get the luggage." I said, "No, no I'll get it. You stay with the kids." We flew out of SLC at 8:20 a.m. and finally got home just before 9:00 p.m. We were all wasted.
Jacob showcased his artistic talent on Wayne's face yesterday. Trevor didn't know what to think about it.

We see where Jacob gets his artistic ability. Wayne decided that turn about is fair play.

Here's a picture of Ari (Chad and Sandi's little girl). I asked her to give me her most beautiful smile.

Here's Kaysha with Trevor. This picture was taken at Leatherbys (a yummy ice cream place). I wish I knew how to rotate the picture. She is sure growing up along with Sam. This is the first time I've seen Kaysha without her braces on.

The boys are having fun choking Wayne. Trevor has one part of his tie and Jacob has the other.

Here's a picture of the boys that I took yesterday.
3 comments:
So sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad you feel you had some closure.
Cute photos!
I hope you are doing well!
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment