Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day at Mint Springs













We had so much fun yesterday at Mint Springs in Crozet. After a very hot and humid run yesterday morning we cooled off at the lake in the afternoon/evening.

We met friends there at 3:00 p.m., fired up a few grills, and had a very yummy dinner. The kids had a lot of fun swimming in the lake and running around. Jacob has discovered the showers that washes off the sand. He loved it and had a temper tantrum when we had to leave. We just had so much fun (excluding the tantrum).















We signed up Jacob for the second session of swim class. It starts today and this time it's at 4:15-5:00 (a much better schedule for bedtime). We just figured that he learned so much the first time and if we could swing it we might as well get him in for the last two week session. When I called all of the classes (there are three) were full with three on each waitlist. I had his name put on the waitlist anyway and they called a week ago and said there was an opening. Yeah!! I really hope he clicks with his teacher. That was HUGE last time. J had so much fun at the lake yesterday. It's amazing how liking the water makes it so much more fun!

So many of our friends are moving this week. And so it goes. Old friends move out that feel like family to us and hopefully new ones will move in. Jacob is playing with his friend, Ben, for the last time today. They are moving tomorrow morning. I think about our Darden friends that we met when we first moved to Charlottesville. Their timeframe was two years, so they moved last year and we still miss them tons! Some of Jacob's (and my) best of friends moved last year. Outside of being away from family, that is the only hard thing about living in Charlottesville. It's always changing.

Thanks to Carolyn for always commenting on my Blog! Kaysha, you rock for commenting. It seems silly, but it really does make me feel special.

It's funny listening to kids talk. Jacob and Ben were talking to me about wetting the bed and how it doesn't feel good to wet your pants. It's funny how kids just don't care what they talk about. I was trying so hard to keep my serious face. Here's a picture of the two of them.

I thought this was a cute picture of T.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear that... about the shift. I am going through that again. As they say... better to have loved and lost...

It looks like you had a good time at the lake. I never knew it exsisted! The beach is good because it's not just water, but sand too! They LOVE that!

Miss you! I am so glad we keep in touch.