Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Jacob is on two wheels!

Jacob's bike has been a sad sight. It has obviously gotten much use because the training wheels were on their last leg, and he got the thing last Christmas! Jacob had finally stopped riding the thing because he tipped so far to one side that he couldn't stay upright. He reversed from a "big boy" bike with training wheels to a "little boy" three wheeler. Today Wayne said, "Jacob, do you want to learn to ride your bike without the training wheels?" Jacob said, "Well . . . . I don't know, because I could crash." I said, "You're tall enough that you could just put your feet down when you tip over." He looked and me and then at Wayne and said, "Well, I guess I can try." So Wayne went inside, pulled out the tools and removed the sad, sad training wheels.

Jacob was nervous, but after one time with Wayne (yes, one time) he was off and riding on two wheels. I could not believe it. It took me hours and hours to learn how to ride a bike. It was seriously two minutes and he was riding on the grass and the sidewalk.



Trevor was completely content in the wagon.

6 comments:

teamstowell said...

Oh my...goodness.
I hope "band-aid" isn't the next post title, but what a brave kid!! I can hardly belive what I'm seeing. You tell Jacob, Lauren said he is "so rock'n" (a line from her Polly Pocket movie).
We love y'all...and miss the entertainment!!

Ali Jones said...

What cute pictures. I can't believe Jacob is that big. Way to go on the two wheeler!!!

Kara Klc said...

They are so cute!! Jacob's going to be all over the place now, even more than usual! So fun.

Rufener Family said...

So yesterday Sarae wanted to take her training wheels off and it did not go as well as we had hoped. So, I had Sarae come over and see Jacob riding his bike without any training wheels and the first thing she said was "I Am Impressed"! And then she asked if Jacob could come for a play day! Great Job Jacob! You have one very Impressed fan!

Jules said...

Wow! That is amazing! What a fast learner.

Kustin and Jelsey said...

Amazing that he learned so fast. We just got Eden a big bike for her "birthday". She is no where near riding on two wheels, but she and Ethan have been having a blast riding all around Peyton Ct.