Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I still feel like I'm running around with my head cut off

What is it about moving? I feel like we still have a thousand things to do. I really want the house to be completely settled, but how long will we last in a two bedroom with three kids? Don't get me wrong, the rooms are spacious, but two boys and a little girl? The thought of moving again makes me want to vomit -- and I've done ENOUGH of that, believe me. I still have to get our cars registered, but you have to get a ton of documentation and taking the boys to the DMV, painful. Oh well, I'll manage. I finally scheduled a doctor appointment. I still need to buy some things for the basement. I need to do a few more things at the bank. Maybe it's because we arrived here a few days before Wayne started. Right now I'm envious of those had a few weeks or a month to set up house and everything else that goes with moving.

Jacob has a primary activity tomorrow morning. It's a fourth of July parade. He'll bring his bike, decorate it, and ride it for all of us to see. We're pretty sure that Wayne has the day off, so that will be fun. We're going to some new resident friends home for a BBQ and then we'll try to catch some fireworks. Hopefully we can wear the kids out!

It's been busy here. Outside of the moving, the community here has a ton of activities. Story time, Arts and Crafts day, walking group, game night, and book club night are among some of them. The guys have a few days where they play basketball and another playing ultimate frisbee. The ward has a Friday playgroup that meets all over Rochester. A few weeks ago we went strawberry picking and made a ton of freezer jam. Last Friday it was at a huge park with a playground, trails, and ponds. A lot of time went into planning Friday playgroup. I'm incredibly thankful for all of the activities. It has made the transition a lot easier. That, and my really great friend, Carolyn, lives in Buffalo. It takes about an hour to get there. We've already gotten together and plan on making it happen once or twice a month. WAHOO!

Trevor is going to send me into preterm labor. He runs into the road wherever we are. Thankfully there are a ton of kids here, but today we were at the grocery store and he took off into the parking lot. The problem is that he loves the attention he gets when he runs off. He thinks it's hysterical whether I'm angry or picking him up and blowing zurbers on his tummy. GO FIGURE. I've considered a leash (is that how you spell it?).

Wayne is enjoying his first rotation. It has been on outpatient medicine, so it's been pretty much bankers hours. His worst rotation is scheduled when the baby is due. That will be hard.

I've already planned my post baby half and full marathon. I'm hoping to run the Country Music half marathon in Nashville and make it a trip to visit Kristin. Then Utah for the St. George marathon next October. That's the hope. I've gotta dream big!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Even though we're moving over a month before Ben starts work, we're going to be taking off for more than half the month to see family in DC and Utah. I guess it will be nice to have a little time with Ben to get settled.
It's good to see that there's so much to do and experience out there. Who knows what the branch will be like. I may have to hang out with people from the Brighton ward!

Jules said...

I didn't know you were having a girl!! YEAH!! She will love her big brothers!!!!

teamstowell said...

Pre-term labor won't sound so bad in just a few weeks...AND I WANT TO GO VISIT Carolyn too. Couldn't we all just be friends? Maybe she'll come to Nashville for a marathon...We'll call it the Haley's friends reunion and invite everyone (and pitch a tent in my back yard). Can't wait till spring!! Yippy!

teamstowell said...

I meant more than a few weeks...of course I want that baby to be healty...oh!! You know what I mean!!! xoxo

Rufener Family said...

Hey, Congrats a baby girl! I did not hear that it is a girl! She will be so spoiled by having two old brothers! How Exciting!