I'm flying to Utah in the morning. My grandfather passed away and the kids and I are heading there for the funeral. I'm thankful that he lived a very full, happy life. It was his time and we're all happy for him.
On a lighter note, Jess came to visit! She brought her little girl Abby (who is four) with her while her husband and youngest stayed home. It was great having her here. We're both pregnant mommas! We took the kids to Niagra Falls on Friday and went on the Maid of the Mist boat ride to the bottom of the falls. Jacob loved it and Trevor clinged to me. It was fun to see the kids in ponchos. We played tag on the lawn, had ice cream, and started to leave. As we were doing our last bathroom stop a woman asked me if we had been to the Aquarium yet. I told her no and she asked if we wanted tickets. SWEET! We gladly accepted the offer and took the kids for about 45 minutes and then headed home. Saturday Abby hung out with us while Jess went to the temple. Then I went back to Palmyra that night with Abby and Jacob to see the Hill Cumorah pageant. Trevor stayed home and went to bed on time with Wayne. It was a nice little arrangement. Especially since Wayne had to wake up at 4:30 a.m. the next day to be at work. Jacob wasn't quite sure what to think of the pageant. It was annoyed that people clapped after Abinidi burned. He looked at me and said, "I'm NOT clapping." Abby was so excited to see the pageant and said in her dainty little voice to Jacob, "Are you excited to see Jesus? Are you excited to see what he looks like?" Jacob said, "Yeah. Are you excited to see swords!" She looked at him, "Yeah!" It was cute.
Thanks for coming to see us! I wish that I was able to upload the pictures. I'll try again later.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

2 comments:
Wow - you decided to fly to Utah! I'm so glad that you were able to go to the funeral. Call me when you get back home. I want to hear how everything went. :-)
I'm glad you had a good time with your friend.
We went to pageant too and the kids liked it. G was way into it and couldn't believe all of the 'people' he knew from the BofM!
He still talks about Jesus coming down and he doesn't have to be sad he didn't get to go up because he'll come again.
Sorry about your grandpa. But, I hope you had a good trip to UT. We'll chat soon.
Post a Comment