My mom flew with me to Atlanta hoping to get a seat on the final flight to Rochester. Sadly it was overbooked and she missed the last leg and had to fly straight back to Salt Lake. I was so sad. It would have been so much fun to have her here for a night. The boys were wondering why I was crying (but I held it together until we were on the plane). It's always hard to leave.
The day after we returned home was Trevor's birthday. We had a little party at McDonalds the day before we flew out with family. T had a blast. The day of his birthday was more low key. He opened presents and we all had cake. I made a cake from scratch because I didn't have any cake mixes stashed away. It ended up being a devils food cake because it was one of the only recipes that didn't call for milk. All in all it was very fun.
Jacob started preschool today. He was so excited and had to tell Trevor a few times that school was only for him, not Trevor. After telling him that it wasn't nice to say that to him (the way he was saying it) he quickly slipped it in one last time after jumping out of the car and walking to his classroom. The school has made these adorable tote bags for each of the kids that has their name embroidered along with the preschool name and logo. When he received his he was a little distraught. The name said, Jake. He looked at it and said, "My name is J A C O B." He must have said it a few more times in class because the teacher figured out that there was a Jake in the early morning class who had a tote bag that said Jacob. Anyway, it's all sorted out and he'll be receiving his real bag on Wednesday. His teacher is adorable and I think it will be fun for him. Oh, and there are two other kids who attend in this complex, so we get to carpool!!!
Wayne is on a sweet rotation right now. I am loving that!
The weather is turning to fall here. The leaves are changing and the temperature is dropping. The high tomorrow is 72 degrees. I love the fall.

5 comments:
That is so like Jacob to tell Trevor that school is only for him. How funny! I'm glad Wayne is on a good rotation, finally, it seems like he has been gone so much it will be great to have some time together!
Awww.. your kids are growing up so fast! I have to agree with you about the weather. Last week when it was 95 I just about had it with the hot weather. This time of year is my favorite and I'm excited to see what fall is like here.
By the way, we'll have to get together some time!
I'm sure that cake was horrible :). Isn't it crazy they are in real preschool?!?!? Bella's class has 10 mormons. Ummm, yes, we are still in Northern Virginia, Dorthy. That is over half the class! Isn't that hilarious? Happy birthday little T!
Fall is my favorite time of the year. HBD to T and WTG J on his first day of school! We had our 20th yr reunion last weekend and that was a bit strange. Still love my good friends from way back when. Check out my blog for the rest of the details.
Hi Haley, it's Nate B. My sister's blog led me to find yours. Good to see you and Wayne and family are doing well congrats on everything.
Post a Comment