I LOVE the song Home by Michael Buble and just had to write about it. The song is on my playlist.
During Wayne's third year of medical school he did a six week away rotation two hours south of where we lived in Virginia. Instead of being home by myself with a three year old and four month old I decided to go and spend the time with my family in Utah. We all flew out to Utah for Wayne's christmas vacation and two weeks later Wayne flew back for his six week surgery rotation in Roanoke, VA. It was tough to be apart for that long. At least I had my family around. Wayne was in a small dorm room that was provided by the University and did nothing but work and sleep. One day when I was talking to Wayne via webcam he told me to go to Itunes and download Home by Michael Buble. He said that he heard it at the hospital and it said exactly what he was feeling. As soon as we were done with our conversation I downloaded the song. I sobbed when I heard it. It made me miss him even more! I think by that point there was about a week left before we flew home. That was an emotional reunion too. He was waiting for us with balloons and the happiest face in the entire Dulles airport. We were so happy to finally be home. It made me appreciate those who serve our country and are without their family for much longer than six weeks.
Now for current news. I wish I would have taken pictures today. I finished a long run this morning and felt great afterwards! I had to write that down because it doesn't happen often. Normally I'm cramping or just beat! Since I felt good Wayne and I decided to take the kids on a bike ride. We hooked up a bike trailer for the boys to ride and Lexi rode in a seat on the back of the bike I was riding. We rode down to Shoen Place (about 7.5 miles down the Erie Canal trail), stopped and had ice cream, checked out the boats and ducks, and rode back. I think it was a bit long for the kids, but it was a great family activity. The trail is just beautiful. It is lush and green.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

4 comments:
That sounds like lots of fun. We haven't been bike riding for quite some time. We need to get out and do more of that.
I love the Michael Buble song, too, its one of my faves. The family bike ride sounded great. I need to go buy my bike so we can do that here.
Hey. I just went to our old ward today. Well, I guess it's more my old ward than yours, since they took yours (5th) back out again. I saw the Ormsby's and said hi to them. I told Barbara that you and I had recently gotten back in contact. She said I should stop by the end of September and say hi to you. I would love that, if that's okay. I miss you. I check your blog a couple times every day. Hope you are well.
I miss running with you!
Post a Comment