Monday, November 24, 2008

Before I forget . . .

This morning I took my Honda Odyssey to the dealership to have the hood repainted. For the past six months the paint has started to bubble and crack on the hood. We couldn't belive it was happening seeing that it's a 2004 and we took it in for a car wash twice a month during the winter (there is a lot of salt on the roads in Rochester during the winter). Wayne and I had talked about the problem a while ago and we knew that we wouldn't be able to go through the winter with the paint damage because it would most likely cause rust. I put it off until the first snow and reluctantly drove to the dealership to find out what the damage was going to be.

I talked to a customer service representative about the problem and I could see that he was surprised. He asked me what year the car was and later the color. When I told him the color he looked at me and said, "Before I put my foot in my mouth let's go out and look at the van." After looking at the problem we went back inside. I was getting ready for him to give me a ridiculously high quote to repaint it and instead said that Honda has issued a recall on that color paint only. He showed me a picture of what has been happening and it was dead on. He asked me if I could wait while he got his manager. After the manager came we went out again to look at the hood. He said that they would provide a loaner car and repaint the hood. All for FREE! He also said that they didn't think they would see anyone with this problem. I'm the first person they've seen. I wanted to cry. I think if I wasn't shocked I would have.

So now I'm driving around a little Civic while my van is being painted with the corrected midnight blue color. Do I feel blessed? YOU BET! And it just makes me want to buy Honda's again and again and again.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yeah, I am not so lucky. As of right now, my car is in the dealership getting it's 30,000 mile check up. I am looking at about $500 and I could cry! You are one lucky girl and I too love Honda! -Suzanne

Adrienne said...

Shut right up. You guys totally deserve that one! I'm so glad to know that other people can walk in to get their car repaired and walk out with out paying a darn thing! I think we single-handedly have kept some of the dealership fix-it shops in business!