I figured that there is so much going on in my life right now that I may as well post it! I've been inspired by Carolyn and Carrie.
We LOVED our time in Utah. The flight home was a bit daunting for me, but at least it was nonstop. That, and Delta let my mom come through security with me when they saw how much stuff I had. That was great and hard. She said goodbye to us as we were walking onto the plane. I don't think that I will ever NOT be able to cry when we leave. At least it was easier this time because I hadn't seen Wayne for six weeks. We sat next to the nicest lady on the flight home. She helped me more than once. Dulles has the absolute longest terminals. It took us thirty minutes to get off the plane and take all of our stuff to baggage. She carried the carseat for me and one of her friends pushed Jacob in the stroller while I carried Trevor and the carry on. Wayne had "Welcome Home" balloons for us. It was an awesome reunion. Jacob screamed he was so happy and Trevor didn't know what to think about the whole thing. The boys didn't sleep at all on the flight, but they slept the entire two hour drive home. That was wonderful for me and Wayne.
Jacob has started a once a week preschool/playgroup with three other kids. It's fun (for me too, I get some time to do things). Last week they learned about the five senses and had a whole bunch of activities. Sunbeams seems to be getting better and better. Since his birthday is at the end of November he's one of the youngest kids. It's a little rough some weeks. He still wants to go to nursery. Yesterday he had the prayer. The presidency puts stickers on the kids the week before so that the parents know, but Jacob must have taken his off. We had no idea and he was scared to death to stand in front of all of those kids. He cried for 10 minutes after Wayne left (I was teaching Sunday School) and they had to come and get him. I took him back, sat with him for a while and left hoping that he would be o.k. He LOVED it by the end of church.
Trevor just started sitting up this last week. He's eating two jars of solid food a day now too. I would guess that he's just shy of 19 pounds. He's a BIG boy! So cute and cuddly. Jacob loves him too and asks to hold him everyday.
I decided to run the Richmond Marathon again this year. It's November 11th!! I'm hoping to finish this time in 4:15. Last time I finished in 4:29. We'll see how it goes. I went running with a friend last Saturday. It was great! I love running with people. It was eight miles of hills. We're running the Charlottesville 10 miler together on April 1st (no fooling!).
Wayne started Orthopedic Sugery this morning. The rotation is three weeks. He just wants surgery to be over! The hours are grueling. He worked 104 hours a few weeks ago and would have been 90 or so last week if he didn't get the weekend off. Friday was his last day on trauma surgery, so I planned "Just Because I Love You Day". I made a big meal, decorated the kitchen, and had presents for everyone. I was so excited (so was Jacob). Then Wayne called me and said that the new chief resident let the other med student go home that was on Trauma that day. He didn't know that a med student had to be there until 6:00 p.m. So, Wayne was the Trauma guy until 6:00 (they rotate days). So, we were hoping and praying for no trauma before six. I was less than impressed with the whole situation, but the guy was just trying to let them go early and saw the other med student first. He told me not to pick him up just in case, but I came anyway. There was a trauma, but the page came at 6:04 p.m. Four minutes earlier and he wouldn't have been able to get home until 9:30 or 10:00 that night. We had a great time! I love my boys!!!
Well, this is quite a long post. I won't make any promises, but I don't think they'll be this long in the future.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

2 comments:
Woo-hoo! Fabulous idea and I loved reading about your "Just Because I Love You Day". I am not above copying great ideas!
Yea for the blog!!!
I'm glad you are doing one... into my favorites you go!
Very cute idea... just because I love you.
Have a good day!
Post a Comment