Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spring Break!

Aren't they the cutest boys you've ever seen?!? Jacob loves to climb into the crib with Trevor when he wakes up. Sometimes Trevor laughs when he sees him, sometimes he cries. I know how fast I need to move by how he responds. He's not quiet about anything.

Wayne is officially on Spring Break. We celebrated by switching babysitting with some friends. Yesterday was our night out. It's easy to forget how much we need time alone together. Things become so crazy and tightly wound sometimes with children. We walked holding hands through the downtown mall, grabbed some pizza and caught a movie. I'm still giddy in love, but it's times like that where you're able to recognize it all the more. He's my best friend. There is no one I would rather be with. I told Wayne that we need a date AT LEAST once every two weeks. His schedule should be lightening up now with surgery out of the way.

Jacob is testing the limits everyday. I keep telling myself that it's a phase, but I'm running out of patience. Today I kept singing this corny little song in my head, "Have patience, have patience don't be in such a hurry. When you get impatient you only start to worry. Remember, remember that God is patient too and think of all the times when others have to wait for you!"

I ran the 10 mile course today in the rain. It wasn't pouring, so I kept plugging along. It will definitely be more fun running it with over a thousand people next week. There's such a high from that.

I had to change Trevor's clothes three times today from spitup. I feel so bad for him! I wonder if I ate something that affected his little tummy yesterday. At least I know that he's keeping food in his body. He's a BIG boy! So roly poly.

We had a home teaching swap today. Wayne home teaches the same family that teaches us, so we killed two birds with one stone and had brownies and a lesson here.

One of Jacob's many "lines" (of trucks and cars -- also a stack-o-laundry that needs to be folded and put away). He is going to freak out when Trevor can move to touch them.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go with your running! Love it! I ran last week in hard pooring rain! It added about 10lbs!!! I had to keep squeezing out my sleeves!!!

Good luck on your race.

I have the same response to my kids getting each other up! Listen and observe!

Love your patience song. I need to memorize that!

Love you!