We decided to go to Richmond and stay Wednesday and Thursday night during this Spring Break. We took the kids to the zoo on Wednesday, checked into the hotel, and went swimming that night. We brought an air mattress for Jacob to sleep on (which he loves) and the hotel had a small crib for Trevor. They both went to sleep at their normal time. Wayne and I watched a movie and then went to bed. An hour later Trevor was crying. His foot was stuck in the bar of the crib. I fed him and fell asleep. He slept with me for a few hours until I woke up to lay him back in bed. As soon as I laid him down he started crying. I walked with him, tried to lay down with him, fed him, did anything to get him to fall back asleep. To no avail, he cried and cried. I felt bad for the people in the rooms around us. He just wanted his own bed. At four o'clock in the morning Wayne and I looked at each other and said, "And this is fun?". Jacob woke up at 5:30 a.m. and we were home by 8:00 a.m. The hotel was great and didn't make us pay for the second night stay. I'm sure they received enough complaints about a crying baby that they were happy to oblige.
Jacob was so funny at the Zoo. We had that nasty smelling food that you buy to feed the animals. The giraffes can eat it right off of your hand. It was so funny watching them come like ducks to eat the food. Wayne was the only one who would feed them. Their tongues are so long and slimy. Jacob would have nothing to do with it. Here are some pictures:


Every time I walk on the living room carpet Jacob tells me that I can't walk on it because it's prickly and it will hurt me. Unfortunately I'm not athletic enough to make a leap over the carpet onto the couch. I'm afraid I've been getting into a lot of trouble with my three year old over the issue.
Trevor is saying da da and ma ma. He says da da da when he's happy and ma ma ma when he's hungry, mad or sad. Why do I get that end of the stick? He had his six month appointment on Monday. He's 18 pounds 5 ounces. He had four shots. It was a traumatizing appointment for him (and me).

1 comment:
Love those photos!
Laughing about the hotel stay! I think once people find out we are a family we get put in 'the west wing' where there are no guests!!!
Quinlyn is calling Jacob her cousing and she says that 'he loves her'!!!
Post a Comment