Monday, May 15, 2006

Eight year anniversary

It's crazy to think that Wayne and I have been married for eight years. Every hour of the day I think about eight years ago and where we were at that exact moment. We were married at 7:45 a.m. in the Salt Lake Temple. I remember waking up at 4:00 a.m. to get my hair done and everything ready for the big day. It was one of the best days of my life. That, and the birth of the boys. We're celebrating with a candlelit dinner when the boys go to bed tonight.

Jacob starts swim lessons tonight at the Aquatic Fitness Center at UVA. It's every weekday for two weeks. It will be interesting watching him. This will be the first time he'll get in the pool without me. It starts at 6:15 p.m. and goes until 7:00. I think the time will be perfect. It should wear him out for bed!

Last night Wayne woke me up and was frantically trying to tell me something. He was talking in his sleep the night before (which hardly ever happens). I thought that he was just talking in his sleep, which he was a little bit, but he was holding the mirror that hangs above our bed while he was laying down. We were talking about it today and have no idea how he even pulled it off of the wall in the lying down position he was in. It's huge and heavy. It spans the width of the bed and is a couple of feet high. I felt like I was swimming to the surface when he was talking to me. When he sounded like he was hurt or something was really wrong I jumped out of bed and turned on the light. We were both wide awake at that point. I ran over to the bed and helped him put it back on the wall. His thumbs are really sore today because of the way he was holding the mirror. Isn't it strange what we do in our sleep?

The kids were both sick last week. It was a viral infection, so we just had to wait it out. I've got to say that it is hugely convienent to have my personal soon to be doctor who can check the kids ears and lungs for any sign of infection. After being in the house for four days we were all happy to get outside and into the swing of things again.

Wayne is really enjoying Family Medicine. He really likes the office that he's at. It's funny because he's also a patient there. I think I posted this before, but we laughed when we found out where his rotation was going to be. The people there are incredibly nice and I love it that he has home call.

Wayne and I were throwing around the idea today of going as a family to all of his interviews in the fall in the car. Yes, we'd take a road trip for a few weeks with the kids and go to all of the places that he'll be interviewing. Right now that would include Michigan, Iowa, Wash U (in St. Louis), John Hopkins, North Carolina, Utah, Mayo and VCU (in Richmond). We'll see what happens there.

Jacob is in love with a car carrier truck at Target right now and asks to go there everyday. He was also going to sing with the Primary for the first time in church yesterday for Mothers Day. After he was up there with all of the kids he started to cry and scream. Wayne quickly went to rescue him. Maybe he'll be more comfortable next year, but he did tell me that he was sorry that he didn't sing for me. He also asked me a few days ago if he could please go back into my tummy. I told him that he couldn't and that nobody could go back into their mommy's tummy after they are born. I think he believed me.

P.S. - Jacob LOVED his swim class! It was so fun to watch him. It made me feel like such a "swim" mom. He was laughing and having a good time. There are four total in his class. They're all boys and the teacher is so cute with them. LOVE IT! They let us take pictures the last day of class. I'll post them then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Unknown said...

Hey there!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! I have been busy! It really feels like I checked your blog not too long ago! Now there is all of this information!

Has Wayne been sleeping better? That was an odd story, concerning!

Happy Anniversary! (belated)

It's exciting to think you are almost finish. It will be interesting to see where you end up. No offense, but I think you are partly crazy for wanting to do that in a road trip... with your kids!!!