So sorry to post this, but I just have to VENT! I'm so unimpressed by our healthcare insurance provider, Anthem. A few months ago I found out one of our friends pays quite a bit less a month in premiums than we do for the exact same coverage. After calling Anthem I found out that I was put at a riskier level because of some hip pain I had when I was training for the marathon a few years ago. The person at Anthem said that I could apply for a better level since it had been twelve months since I had been to the doctor. I wish I would have known that when we applied, I would have been able to apply last September. Of course, you have to write down everything you've been to see the doctor for in the last twelve months. I've been for mastitis one time a few months ago. The doctor gave me a perscription for an antibiotic and it was done and over. I received the denial letter today stating that mastitis was the reason for the decline. I was so upset. My eyes started to water. It feels so dishonest to me that we pay so much money and hardly ever go to the doctor. I know they need to make money, but I feel like we've been taken advantage of. I called and spoke to their underwriting department and they said since I'm still breastfeeding I was declined, but when I stop I can reapply. What a PAINFUL process. I'm sure I'll be denied for something else. I asked the underwriter if they deny someone who had bronchitis once in the last year and she said yes. Wayne is so good to listen to me vent about it. It is so frusterating to me!
On a much lighter note . . . .Wayne had the day off today because he was on call last night. It was great because it was the first time he's had home call. So, even though he didn't have to go to the hospital he got the day off today. We went on a 7 mile run together while a friend watched the kids for us. I LOVE it that he will run with me. Then, we went and ran a few errands. There's a big tennis tournament going on this weekend. We drove a few miles up the road to check it out. Those people are good!! We might try to catch a game if the kids will let us. It's a private tournament at the Boars Head Inn.
A year from now Wayne will be getting ready to graduate. The day for his graduation is May 20, 2007. I know it's a long way away, but for those who want to come hotels fill up very early. We're happy to house people here.

Here are some recent pictures.




Wayne's going to kill me for posting this, but I had to post my hottie's picture. Sorry babe!!
2 comments:
Only a year left... it flies by! How exciting!
I know what you mean about health care. It makes me sick to my stomach sometimes.
Yea for running together! That is awsome!
Have a good day!
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment