Monday, May 22, 2006

A moment to myself

Wow, both of the kids are asleep!! This never happens for me. What should I be doing? Cleaning. What am I doing? Relaxing and surfing the internet drinking my Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi.

Yesterday was graduation. We walked down to the corner to see all of the different schools and their setup. We walked by the medical school pavillion and talked about it being us at this time next year. I can't believe that Jacob will be four and a half and Trevor will be 20 months old. Graduation is such a bigger deal here than it is in Utah. There were food booths and freshly squeezed lemonade booths throughout campus. It was absolutely beautiful yesterday. I hope that we have the same weather next year.

This is Wayne's last week on Family Medicine. He then has one month on Inpatient Pediatrics and then he will have three days off (over the weekend of course) and officially be a fourth year. He'll begin applying for residency at the end of the summer and then interview most likely in December. Then, we find out where we'll be for the next five or six years in March.

I begin marathon training on January 17th with the Charlottesville Running Club. I'm excited to train with people this time rather than doing it by myself. After a while it gets pretty old running alone. The Richmond Marathon is November 11, 2006. So, I still have a while, but I'm excited to get started.

Wayne and I went on a run last Saturday and out to lunch afterwards. We had a great time, but were exhausted the rest of the day.

Jacob has come a long way in one week of swimming. He'll get his ears wet! This is HUGE improvement. He'll also float with the teacher holding only his head. They kick and splash a bunch and jump off the edge of the pool to the teacher at the end of class. He seems to really enjoy it and I'm so glad that he's been able to take the class.

Jacob also calls me "hon" often. Wayne and I are always saying, "Hon . . . can you get this . . . " So, now Jacob occasionally calls Wayne and me hon. It's so funny.

Trevor is still content to sit on the floor and watch what's going on. He still doesn't put anything in his mouth excluding blankets and sticks. I'm trying to teach him to put cheerios in his mouth. We were always pulling things out of Jacob's mouth. It's funny how different they are.
They do have definite similarities. Here are some pictures when they were the same age. I still think that Jacob looks more like my side of the family and Trevor looks more like Wayne's side.















They are just the cutest boys ever!!

Here's a picture that Wayne took a couple weeks ago. Jacob thought a scary face would be better. Whatever works!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Trevor is certainly bigger isn't he! I can see the two different sides in them.

Good for you training for another marathon. I think it's a great idea train with a club. I may look into that.

Ah, it is crazy to think that a year ago we were there graduating. It feels like a lifetime ago.

Love you guys!