Monday, May 08, 2006

A "tough" week

My poor little Jacob. He has seriously had a tough week. Yesterday we went to the track. We went around the track a few times and kicked a soccer ball. Jacob wanted to jog back home with me. We were having so much fun and he slipped and fell on the sidewalk. He beat up his knees pretty badly. They were both bleeding and his hands were scraped up too. He cried and cried and looked at me and said, "I hate running." I was so sad for him!! Today we were brushing his teeth before bed and he turned around and fell off the stool that he was standing on. As he was falling down the leg of the stool scraped his back. He got a huge red mark on his back. The first thing he said when he stopped crying was, "I want to show Daddy." After loves from Wayne we put him to bed. He said his prayers and asked Heavenly Father to help him feel better. It is so tender to hear real conversation and faith in a prayer. I asked Jacob if he would come running again with me sometime and he said, "Not today, I've had a bad week. I've got a lot of owies this week. Yah, I've had a rough day today." I asked him if he would come running with me when his owies got better. He said, "Yah, I will."

We played with playdoh a few days ago and made a firetruck. Jacob was quite proud of our little creation. We also made a hat. Here's a picture:

He's also been into superman lately. Roger and Beth sent him a cape for his birthday last year. It's so fun to see him use it.










I think that Trevor is teething. He's just been fussy and not content in his skin. Something's going on.

It has been raining all day today. It's cold too. The high was 54 degrees today. BRRRRR. We're not used to that with how beautiful it's been the past few weeks.

I'm trying to plan something fun for our 8 year anniversary on the 15th. I cannot believe that it has been eight years!! Time really does go by quickly. I was asking Wayne the other day what he thinks will happen in the next eight years. It's weird to think that he'll be an attending physician and we will or should be settled. That's a weird thought in and of itself.

Well, I'm going to go to bed!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Jacob. It does sound like it's been rough! So cute to have him ask HF to feel better.

Love that he wanted to run with you! I got this random video. It's childrens yoga. The kids actually like it a lot. It's fun to have them already interested in things you do.

Tell the family hi!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»