After a full week of contractions every 5-10 minutes apart and being dialated to a four, I asked my OB if they would consider inducing me at 39 weeks. I was so worried that all of the sudden the contractions would start to come even closer together and I wouldn't be able to make it to the hospital. She was totally fine with the induction, so I was induced on Tuesday morning.
Before I was hooked up to the pitocin the nurses put on all of the monitors. They were surprised that I was contracting on my own every 5-6 minutes. I just shook my head and said it had been going on for a week. I was hooked up to pitocin at 8:30 a.m. and they broke my water at the same time. I honestly thought I would have the baby by noon. I received the epidural around 10:30 a.m. when my contractions were strong and every 2-3 minutes apart. At 2:00 p.m. I was still dialated to a four. There was no change! The nurses thought it was crazy. At least I knew they couldn't send me home since my water was broken! At 2:30 p.m. the nurse practitioner checked me and said that I was at a five. Hooray! At 5:35 I told the nurse that I was feeling a little bit of pressure. I had no pain, just a little pressure when I felt a contraction. The doctor came in a few minutes later, saw the head and said to push. I pushed once, heard a chorus of STOP, the head's out. Now push a little . . . . that was it! It was so easy! I deserve something easy after this pregnancy! I can seriously say the delivery was enjoyable. I napped, read, hung out with my hubby, and pushed for three minutes to deliver our little piece of heaven.
My mom flew in on Thursday morning. We've loved having her here. I was out of the hospital at 10:30 and we picked her up just after 11:00. These are the times I wished we lived in Utah where our family is.
Thank you to the Shermans for watching the boys! We are in your debt!

11 comments:
She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you. Especially the easy labor! Have fun with your little girl, they really are WONDERFUL!
Love, Rivka
I can't wait until I see her. Only a week and a half
Too cute!!! ANd hooray for wasy labors, you definitely deserve that after the past nine months. Can't wait to see her.
She is beautiful! Congrats. I'm glad that you didn't have to push long--I am crossing my fingers for that. Now, stop reading this and get some sleep!
Yay!!! So cute! You definitely deserved an easier labor. Glad to hear everything is going well.
Looking at all of the pictures that I've seen of her so far, I think she looks a lot like you, Haley! I'm so happy that you get a little girl. They are so fun.
YEAH! I love all the pictures. We are SOO happy for you all. Girls are so fun and they smell better too! I love the picture where the boys are eating muffins or something and totally oblivious that there is a newborn right next to them!! So cute. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! Congratulation!
Congrats on the new baby girl!! What a cutie!! She is so adorable! I love the name so cute! So glad that all went well! I wish I was there to bring you a meal and hold the little one!
Beautiful. Just beautiful!
Beautiful. Just beautiful!
Sooooo CUTE!! Congrats! Glad to see your mom was able to visit! I bet you loved having her there. I bet she loved being there too! Hope you are feeling great!
Post a Comment