Wednesday, October 10, 2007

October happenings

There are so many apple orchards in upstate NY! For the past few weeks I've been trying to find a time to take the boys and pick apples. Last Friday the plan was to go after a birthday party that Jacob had that morning. On our way it started to rain and I turned around and found this sweetness in the backseat.


I normally would go on with scheduled plans, but Trevor's sleeping had not been good (the past four days he has taken naps and gone to bed at a decent hour! -- knock on wood). I decided a happy Trevor would equal a happy mommy. We turned around and came home. I'm glad that Jacob had already had a good time at the party and I wasn't spoiling his plans.

Sunday I headed up a General Conference brunch. It's something that I started when we lived in Charlottesville. It was fun to get together and eat with new friends and get to know people more.

On Monday I had my doctor appointment (1 dialated, 50% effaced). It was Columbus Day and kids were out of school. I never had Columbus Day off when I was in school. I didn't even know when we celebrated Columbus Day until I worked at a bank and had that day off for the first time in my life. Anyway, I was able to snatch my adorable friend's daughter for a babysitting job while I went alone to the appointment! We talked about going apple picking and when I came back to get the kids we decided to go. It was 82 degrees! It was so hot and I think everyone had the same idea as we did because the only apples there to pick were at the top of the tree or on the ground as Trevor thought best. The boys still had fun riding the tractor trailer out to where they wanted us to pick the apples and Jacob and Trevor found what they love most around the picnic tables anyway.



We later took the kids to McDonalds and I think Katie and I were more pooped than the kids when it was all said and done.

The weather is finally turning to fall. We've had such a heat wave! Today the high is 64 degrees. I dressed Trevor is one of his new fall shirts and thought he looked so cute that I just had to share. I would have taken a picture of my adorable Jacob too, but by the time he showered and dressed I was onto something else.


Wayne is on a decent schedule right now. He and one of the other interns had to usher some conference that was held at the hospital. Since the conference is held at this time of year they always have the ushers dress up in costumes. This year was the Addams family and Wayne was Gomez Addams and the other intern was Morticia. Thankfully the program refunds the cost of the costume rental because it was $100! Trevor didn't know what to think of Wayne. He kept closing his eyes and turning his face away from him when he would talk. Jacob thought it was a pretty happening costume. I don't think that I've ever seen Wayne dress up in a costume. I should have taken a picture. What was I thinking!?! I guess sometimes I'm not thinking at this stage in pregnancy. My guess is that she'll be stubborn and we'll have another November birthday in the family. We'll see what happens.

3 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Too bad you didn't take a pic of Wayne. You lose brain cells with every pregnancy. Great pics of the kids, though. Lauren didn't know who they were so we need a family pic of you to practice on here.

You have Barbara so worried she was wondering last weekend if she should fly up to take care of you.

The brunch sounded like a great idea. LMK what you made. xoxo

Ali Jones said...

I love the shirt of Trevors. Ryan is now in the long sleeves too. I am so excited to go out there!!!!

Amanda said...

You're already dialated? If that changes things for Sunday's dinner, let us know. We may end up making you a meal!!