The flight was amazing! Having Wayne there was HUGE! Sometimes I can't believe that I travel by myself. The kids had a sudden burst of energy after landing and we finally got them to bed at just after 2:00 a.m. our time. Who could blame them? There were toys galore.
Wayne and I took a little getaway (HUGE to us) to the Cliff Lodge in Snowbird while we were there. It was a belated 10 year anniversary celebration. Wayne and I had a couples massage. It was his first and I thought it would possibly be his last after hearing the massage therapist tell him in a low raspy (maybe sultry) voice to relax. I had to stifle the giggles quite a few times hearing her speak. My massage therapist was trying not to laugh which made me laugh even more. We went to the Gateway, had a nice dinner and shopped. We bought books and read like a little old couple. He, of course, finished his book before we even left. We went hot tubbing. It couldn't have been more beautiful. The lodge was nestled in the trees. There were patches of yellow and red all over the mountain. Our view was spectacular. Thanks to everyone who made this trip for us possible! You have no idea what that means to us.
The day that we got back from Snowbird we headed to the BYU/Utah State game. We had a blast with Wayne's brothers and nieces and nephews. Roger and Beth were so gracious to let us crash at their house that night. The kids had a ball with their cousins.
Saturday was shopping with my mom and sisters in the morning and Wayne's side of the family pictures in the evening. We were hoping to take them outside, but if was the only day that it POURED. We still had our pictures taken inside a lobby at Wayne's brother's office building. Thankfully.
Sunday we watched general conference with my family. After we had a family picture with my side of the family.
We rode Trax on Monday and walked around the temple grounds. The kids had a blast. I came down with some nasty stomach bug and threw-up in the restaurant just after we got off the train. That sadly continued for a day. Thankfully it was over before we had to hop a plane home on Wednesday.
Tuesday we went to Jungle Jims Playground with my mom and sisters. We had a ball. Trevor kept calling it Monkey Jims Playground and Jacob was saying that it was Monkey Jungle Jims Playground. It was hilarious. There were fun rides and games. We definitely went out with a bang.
The kids playing at grandma and grandpa. The trip went by so fast! We had so much fun.

6 comments:
How great you got away!! When Naomi is done nursing we are going to do the same! Congrats on the race and sorry you got the bug in Utah. We all got it when we were out there in July!
Wow, you were out in Utah? How great to get away!! Snowbird is AWESOME and the pics look great!! How come all the toys? Glad you got time with your families!! Have a great one! -Suzanne
It was so fun seeing you guys. Next time I won't be sick!!!
WTG on your marathon! I'm glad it went well, even though it was tough.
I'm glad you had a great time in UT. Did you decide to go to SL each night for Lexi?
We should get together soon!
What a nice getaway for you guys! Ethan's only 5 months old, but sometimes I think it would be nice to be able to just get away for a weekend or something. We still love him of course! I would have busted up laughing if I heard a raspy massage therapist telling my husband to relax. Way to compose yourself!
Call for sure next time you come to town. It would be great to see you.
Post a Comment